About the job
To support the EMEA Finance Director with reporting and analysis.
General Information About The Position
- Based in Hamburg, DE
- Full time – 40hrs / week
- Overtime: occasional (month-end close, budgeting)
- Hybrid (combination of office and home, as agreed)
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the EMEA Finance Director with routine & ad-hoc analysis, various reporting tasks (revenue, cost, margin, headcount, various KPIs) as well as presentations for senior leadership
- Collaborate with stakeholders from the Business, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Central Finance, Business Development, Pricing, HR, Payroll, etc as necessary, to understand Branch & Region results and help drive financial performance
- Support improving the reporting processes through proposing & implementing enhancement ideas, designing review/control reports, KPIs
- Prepare weekly revenue forecast and continuously enhance forecasting process as applicable
- Assist in preparing the budgets for our operational Branches & regional functions making up the EMEA Region
- Prepare P&L variance analysis against budget and prior months, spot and resolve issues working with Accounting and other stakeholders as necessary
- Carry out various revenue & cost reviews to analyze trends, identify issues and opportunities
- Respond to queries from the Business or Central Finance / Accounting, support the decision-making of Branch or Regional leaders by supplying data, information and analysis as required
- Education & experience
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent certification of professional competence
- 3-5 years of experience in the Finance/Accounting field, preferably reporting background.
- A practical understanding of P&L and Balance sheets is a requirement from Day 1. Focus on revenue, cost and margin.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively summarize more complex scenarios or issues
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills – match communication style to the audience (junior clerks to possibly VPs/CFO/CEO)
- Strong analytical skills, ability to approach and understand problems in a structured way
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, with emphasis on Excel & Powerpoint
- VBA, PowerBI, Tableau, and data warehouse experience a huge plus
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Soft skills
- Team spirit, positive, ’can-do’ attitude
- Holds themself to high ethical & work standards
- Ability to work precisely, even under pressure
- Ability to work independently, and build and present professional proposals. Some of the work will be routine, but a large part will be ad-hoc tasks, requiring a hands-on approach.
- Excellent time management, and ability to meet even conflicting or changing deadlines through prioritization.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with various stakeholders from a variety of geographies, cultural backgrounds and seniority levels
Why work for us?
- A future-proof job in an internationally established team at a successfully growing company in the UPS Healthcare Unit
- A dynamic and cooperative team with exciting and varied tasks as well as room for your personal development
- An unlimited employment contract after a successful probationary period
- Financial subsidy for an HVV-Profi ticket
- Fruit, delicious coffee, tea and water are available free of charge
- You receive 30 vacation days per year with us
- Online based well-being and health offer from Virgin Pulse
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Prospects for further development and company pension scheme