About the job
Job Title: Senior Accountant (Site Controller)
Location: The office is based in Evreux. We accept applications from candidates who live in Rouen or Paris (or other locations close to Evreux). We offer a hybrid role.
We are currently searching for a Senior Accountant (Site Controller) to join our team in France. In this role, you will take ownership of all the financial controlling and accounting activities for our site in Evreux. Therefore, we are seeking an experienced individual who will be the first local point of contact for finance-related queries. You will report to our EMEA Regional Controller based in the UK.
What You Will Do
- Supervise accounting month end.
- Review and explain balance sheet and income statement variations.
- Ensure that the business unit’s financial results are reported in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with GAAP through periodic balance sheet reviews, communication of current issues and best practice sharing.
- Prepare and approve journal entries.
- Review and approve USGAAP accruals according to SPXFLOW policies (E&O, bad debt, credit notes, invoice cut-off, general taxes, etc.).
- Review the fixed asset entries (new fixed assets request, depreciation, write-off).
- Run cost roll in SAP for new items.
- Review accounting reconciliation.
- Review and support our Account Payable team processes (i.e. coding invoices, and payment approvals).
- Approve invoice posting according to the limits defined in our internal policy.
- Approve manual payment when necessary.
- Support commercial and invoice teams with billing documents and VAT queries.
- Support efforts to collect the invoices, participate in negotiations and call customers if necessary.
- Reconcile customers' statements and clearance of paid invoices.
- Support and provide information for inventory actions on site (inventory counting, E&O action plan and inventory reduction actions).
- Attend external and internal audits, and French authority requests and visits.
- Prepare and review SOX controls on the site.
- Support the commercial team in Letters of Credit and band guarantee requests.
- Supervise external consultants in the preparation of statutory reports (FEC, balance sheet in local GAAP, transfer price, etc).
- Supervise external consultants in the preparation of income taxes files.
- Create and define written procedures for finance tasks.
- Support working capital improvement initiatives.
What Do You Need
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of French accounting standards.
- Experience with FEC reports and French taxes files.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of an ERP system (SAP preferred).
- Fluent in English and French in speaking and writing.
- Ability to communicate with all company levels.
- Resilience to work under pressure.
- Ability to self-administrate priorities with low supervision.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize and deliver results on time.
- Flexible behavior to manage different types of activities at the same time.
- Ability to work in a nonstandard environment with constant changes.
- Ability to meet commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience working with a shared service environment, leading service culture.
- Experience in a mechanical or industrial engineering company.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees including:
- Hybrid work.
- Feel valued at work thanks to our performance & recognition programs.
- Bonus structures (depending on the company and personal performance).
- Genuine progression and development opportunities with a global organization.
- Healthy minds and healthy lives resources.
- Life & health insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning platform.