We are looking for a Team Lead Java developer to join the Customer Identity and Access Management team. The team, with members in USA, UK, and Poland, is responsible for building and maintaining business-critical back-end applications, focused on user authentication and authorization. Our applications interact with many of Sabre's core applications in a highly complex, high volume, enterprise environment, making stability and availability very important.
In our day-to-day operation, we employ a variety of technologies and tools including Java 8, Spring 3.x/4.x/5.x, Tomcat 8, SpringBoot 2.0, SQL (Oracle 12c), LDAP, Git, Maven, TeamCity.
- Leads a team responsible for developing, coding, testing, and debugging new, highly complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity;
- Provides direction for the entire project or a project team;
- Applies advanced skills and concepts to oversee large, complex projects;
- Has an excellent understanding of business applications;
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them;
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements;
- May assist in the development of software technical documentation;
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions;
- Designs and codes complex applications using advanced technology;
- Design and build prototype applications.
"Must have" skills:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering;
- 4+ years of programming experience in Java;
- Prior leadership/supervisory experience;
- Experience with Spring Framework, JUnit, Mockito, Spock, or other testing tools/frameworks;
- Experience with CI&CD (TeamCity, Maven, GIT);
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with building RESTful or SOAP web services;
- Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams;
- Understands, interprets, and translates engineering requirements into necessary design.
"Nice to have" skills:
- Experience in LDAP, SQL, SAML, OpenAM;
- Knowledge of Linux and Bash scripting;
- Knowledge of web technologies and tools (ex. Apache, Tomcat);
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, OpenShift);
- Good communication skills in English, written and verbal;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work in a fast pace environment;
- Some knowledge of Websphere MQ is a plus.