We are looking for a Team Lead Java developer to join the Customer Identity and Access Management team. The team, with members in USA, UK and Poland, is responsible for building and maintaining business critical back-end applications, focused on user authentication and authorization. Our applications interact with many of Sabre's core applications in a highly complex, high volume, enterprise environment, making stability and availability very important.
In our day-to-day operation we employ variety of technologies and tools including Java 8, Spring 3.x/4.x/5.x, Tomcat 8, SpringBoot 2.0, SQL (Oracle 12c), LDAP, Git, Maven, TeamCity.
- Leads a team responsible for developing, coding, testing and debugging new, highly complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity;
- Provides direction for entire project or a project team;
- Applies advanced skills and concepts to oversee large, complex projects;
- Has excellent understanding of business application;
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them;
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements;
- May assist in development of software technical documentation;
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions;
- Designs and codes complex applications using advanced technology;
- Design and build prototype applications.
"Must have" skills:
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering;
- 4+ years of programming experience in Java;
- Prior leadership/supervisory experience;
- Experience with Spring Framework, Junit, Mockito, Spock or other testing tools / frameworks;
- Experience with CI&CD (TeamCity, Maven, GIT);
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with building RESTful or SOAP webservices;
- Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams;
- Understands, interprets and translates engineering requirements into necessary design.
"Nice to have" skills:
- Experience in LDAP, SQL, SAML, OpenAM;
- Knowledge of Linux and Bash scripting;
- Knowledge of web technologies and tools (ex. Apache, Tomcat);
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, OpenShift);
- Good communication skills in English, written and verbal;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work in a fast pace environment;
- Some knowledge of Websphere MQ is a plus.