We are looking for a Java Data Engineer for a leading mobile gaming company and monetization platform with over 35 million monthly active users across a portfolio of games titles.
You will work with many exciting technologies like Apache Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Hadoop, Vertica and Kubernetes to name a few.
- Be part of the global team building data platform to support gaming tenants;
- Build and deploy scalable and reliable data processing pipelines to move and aggregate large amounts of data;
- Develop internal products, frameworks and infrastructures;
- Tune and optimize data applications architecture to reach real-time capabilities;
- Promote best practices coding, code complete standards, and design patterns;
- Champion the overall strategy for data governance, security, and quality that ensure requirements are met.
- Passion for data engineering, quality, automation and efficiency, self-starter, loves challenges, independent and a tech savvy;
- Proficient in Java/Scala with +3 years of experience in writing Spark based batch and streaming data applications (Streaming\Structured Streaming\SparkSQL);
- Strong understanding of the Hadoop ecosystems (especially Kafka, hdfs, Zookeeper, Yarn, ORC, Parquet, Hive) and related technologies with +2 years of experience;
- Strong working knowledge of SQL or SQL-like data management languages with +3 years of experience;
- Strong Linux knowledge with bash scripting experience;
- English (both spoken & written);
- Must be a quick and capable learner.
- Advanced knowledge in parallel processing algorithms and techniques;
- Knowledge in advanced BigData topics and distributed computing;
- Knowledge in K8s, Docker, DeltaLake, DataMesh, Aerospike, AirFlow, Redis, Vertica;
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and systems.