About the job
As part of the reinforcement of the R&D and Qualification team, we are looking for a candidate for the position of :
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AND QUALIFICATION ENGINEER M/F
Purpose of the position:
- Identify and develop new products and materials and processes for HVAC/HVDC transmission systems using extruded cables.
The post holder is responsible to :
- Actively research and develop products and materials and processes for the manufacture and installation of high-voltage cables or accessories;
- Develop new test benches and experimental procedures;
- Be responsible for monitoring and conducting electrical and non-electrical tests for the qualification of high-voltage cables systems;
- Define and supervise qualification programs carried out internally or in external laboratories;
- Prepare design reviews, and write technical files (product specifications, identification and test files, credibility files, etc.);
- Define experimental devices and schedule in coordination with his/her hierarchy.
- Manage a team of test technicians, with the possibility of supervising "Post Doc";
- Contribute to the implementation of multi-physics simulation means, with the collaboration of NRC, Nexans Norway and/or other partners;
- Promote Nexans' technical expertise in HVAC/HVDC (writing and presenting publications, participating in conferences);
- Manage the allocated budget;
- Participate and make proposals (cost reduction, products improvements, etc...);
- Monitor the budget and the adequacy between performance and objectives.
Electrical/Physical engineer degree or equivalent experience in High Voltage
- In-depth knowledge of experimental laboratory techniques in a high-voltage environment;
- R&D methodology: the ability to solve technical problems, understand technical characteristics and provide technical solutions through theoretical and/or experimental work
- Project management: the ability to get involved in a project, to provide results with a good follow-up of the constraints: schedules, deliverables, reporting, risks, and setting priorities;
- Knowledge of scientific calculation tools (such as Comsol, Mathematica, ...) is a plus.
- Team spirit
- Ability to listen
- Precision and curiosity
Fluency in written/oral English will be an asset for the position
Some travels are expected, including abroad, as part of your assignments.