What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company performance bonus scheme
- Pension scheme- up to 10% employer contribution
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits program (buy & sell holiday allowance, discounted gym memberships, etc)
- Structured training & opportunities to progress
- Ability to join ERGs (employee resource groups), participate in community projects & much more!
What does the role look like?
We are looking for one Supplier Quality Engineer for the Wolverhampton site.
As an established quality professional you will drive supplier performance to reduce PPM and escape events. Working alongside the internal value stream to ensure compliance and reduce the impact on production.
Works as an individual contributor to achieve objectives that have a significant impact on the supply chain. Uses experience and knowledge to influence the development and application of improvement tools and process control.
What will your day-to-day responsibilities look like?
- Responsible for quality performance across a portfolio of suppliers, generating and lead improvement initiatives relating to the supplier
- Implement the Collins Zero Defect Plan with focus suppliers to reduce Supplier PPM and escape events
- Ensure containment for Quality issues arising from the portfolio of suppliers.
- Drive root cause, permanent corrective actions and read across for verified quality issues.
- Audit suppliers to the site audit schedule (Compliance to AS9100 & Collins flow down requirements)
- Influence and Engage key Stakeholders to resolve complex supplier-related issues and improvement opportunities.
- Remote and onsite visits with suppliers to build relationships, identify the root causes and verify corrective actions.
- Ensure reject notes and investigation reports are actioned in a compliant and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance and Quality improvement of Suppliers' Products and Processes
- Support the Collins Quality Clinics as issues arise
- Drive resolution to Supplier escapes and prevent re-occurrence
- Support the Quality Management System to ensure compliance to all applicable requirements e.g. AS9100, & Customer.
- We are providing reports and corrective action status for management reviews.
- Ensure critical Non-conformances are actioned through 8D’s and other problem-solving tools.
What will you bring to the role?
- Clear open two-way communication skills
- High motivation, with a keen ability to use my own initiative
- Ability to develop positive relationships through effective communications; enabling and empowering others within the business to be successful
- A strong customer focus, with broad experience in managing a variety of Quality activities with multiple supplier interfaces
- Skilled in influencing others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- A passion for continuous learning and self-development.
- A degree (or equivalent), significant or specialist experience and a thorough understanding of the standards, processes, procedures, tools and techniques used in Quality.
- Understanding of Supplier Quality requirements and contractual flow downs
- A thorough understanding of AS9100/ ISO9001 requirements and how they may be achieved through the Quality Management System.
- Working Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning implementation
- A good understanding of problem-solving techniques and their application to resolve production quality issues
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to work well in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to use initiative, meeting set objectives with internal and external stakeholders.
- APQP experience is desirable
- Ideally holds CQI accreditation
- AS9100 Lead Auditor Training or Industry equivalent.