Rate: 2000 usd gross
- Professional experience in designing, developing and improving business systems as a part of agile/scrum team as well as using traditional methodologies;
- Experience in BI solutions implementation and maintenance on MS Power BI, IBM Cognos BI;
- Practical experience generating process and project documentation and reports and using and enhancing team productivity tools;
- Competence in preparing use cases and user stories, providing inputs towards test plan & functional scenarios, grooming and elaborating requirements with product owners and domain experts, development of specifications and recommendations related to a solution;
- Experienced in analyzing and solving complex business problems; capable of identifying issues and driving them to resolution;
- Understanding of business process modeling;
- Experienced in banking domain (risk management/ financial crime management /AML);
- Project management skills including effective communication between the team and client – close collaboration with other roles and stakeholders;
- Detail oriented with strong planning, organizational and time management skills, presentation skills, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
BI Skills: Microsoft Power BI; Microsoft Report Builder; IBM Cognos BI 10.x (Report Studio, Analysis, and Query studio); IBM Cognos Analytics (11.x); List&Labels.
Programming languages: SQL, DAX, VBA, Python.
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access
Other skills: JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Power Apps, MS Visio, BPwin, BPMN, UML, IDEF 0, Agile methodology, DBeaver, MURAL, GIT, Jupyter Notebook (Python), Information Governance Catalog (IGC), Watson Knowledge Catalog (WKC), WinSCP.
Position: Operational metadata analyst
04.2022 - Present
- Monitoring metadata reporting and notifying the developers team if any issues;
- Fixing inconsistencies in Information Governance Catalog (IGC) and Watson Knowledge Catalog (WKC) based on the reporting: re- cataloging, out of sync, updating metadata contacts info, other attributes;
- Updating current regular metadata reports in Excel & creating new ones;
- Metadata enrichment and reassignment: work with data dictionaries, IGC, and WKC;
- Working closely with metadata owners: educating on metadata process, Q&A, planning & organizing process of metadata completion by metadata owners, assistance with adding metadata to IGC/WKC;
- Running scripts to update IGC, generate reports, and fix inconsistencies;
- Creating and updating documentation related to operational metadata.
Environment: Python, IGC, WKC, DB2, InfoSphere DataStage, JIRA, Confluence.
Position: BI Developer
01.2020 - 04.2022
- Analysis of business requirements and documentation;
- Description/development of reports and executing SQL statements to the server to get the necessary records from a database table;
- Creation of charts using filters, parameters, sets, and hierarchies;
- Creation of calculated fields and quick table calculations;
- Testing and verification of data with business users;
- Troubleshooting data quality issues and control reports development;
- Documentation development.
Environment: MS Report Builder, Microsoft SQL Server/ MS SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, List&Labels.
Position: Business Analyst
01.2019 - 01.2020
- Participation in the development of solution design and planning;
- Identification and statement of business requirements;
- Translating functional requirements into technical specifications and taking high level requirements to a greater level of detail;
- Close interaction with the project team throughout the entire software life cycle;
- Data analysis and developing prototypes of user interface design for the solution;
- Preparation of a description and requirements to the risk rules;
- Preparing use cases;
- Documentation development.
Environment: Python, Angular, Node.js, Apache NiFi, JIRA, Confluence.