As the Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the selection, design, procurement, supplier engineering, and construction follow-up, factory testing of rotating equipment for an LNG project. You will be also involved in the site installation and start-up of this equipment. The scope cover mainly several types of gas compressor et turbo-expanders, as well as pumps.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Selection, design, and execution of safe, reliable and cost-effective rotating equipment systems supporting LNG plant,
- Procurement support including bid evaluations and vendor proposal document review,
- Be the Company technical representative in the area of Rotating Equipment including basic and detailed design performed by engineering, Vendors, and Contractors,
- Implement Company engineering standard/guidelines within Rotating Equipment packages and preferred choice of Vendors / Suppliers,
- Guide, review and approve rotating equipment supplier engineering deliverables,
- Coordinate rotating equipment engineering and design interface with other engineering disciplines and subsidiaries including existing plant,
- Perform inspection and attend Factory Acceptance Tests at supplier facilities,
- Provides support during construction and pre-commissioning. Address site queries,
- Assist with site commissioning and start-up as required.
Requirements/Skills and Experience :
- Graduate Engineer with Mechanical Engineering,
- French and English speaking,
- Min 10 years experience with Rotating equipment Engineering,
- Experience in Oil&Gas or Process engineering company, Contractor/EPC or Oil&Gas operator,
- Experience in Basic and Detailed Design, Vendor Follow Up, and Construction Preparation for large projects. Experience in pre-commissioning, commissioning & troubleshooting is a plus,
- Strong knowledge of Rotating Equipment as different types of gas compressors, turbo expanders, pumps…
- Experience in past LNG / FLNG projects or other Cryogenic systems is a must,
- Experience in Marine Engineering / Ship conversion is a strong plus,
- Team player – Proactive - Good problem-solving and analytical skills - Excellent written and presentation skills Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with peers and partners to influence decisions or ways of working.
Position based in Paris. Regular travels in the Project Execution phase to Vendor/Subcontractor offices and to our partner countries for survey and interface coordination (~10 weeks per year).